Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-05-20

May challenge - be a light moodboard

Do you like Summer? It starts in June with a wonderful celebration, that is called Midsummer Night. We are very curious what kind of celebrations are there in your countries, to honor the very first day of Summer. Very old, pagan tradition is to make bonfires and in general to light a fire or some candles. Below you can see our newest moodboard - feel free to be inspired by anything below and join our challenge. And be a light for others <3


You can create anything you want - a tag, a layout, a card, an off-the-page project, a card, an ATC, an art-journal spread, a canvas and many more - just be inspired by our quote and put our challenge banner in your blog post showing your entry.


Here is an inspiration delivered by our amazing team (there are also a few video tutorials):




Hello Dear Creative Souls

Today I'll show you my May challenge project created for Mixed Media Place. I decided to interpret the challenge as a layout. Here is my creation.



Remember to scroll down, because I prepared a video for you.



First I chose a watercolor paper as a background. I have had fun with stencils and the beautiful texture paste from Prima. Then added some texture with art ingredients and the trim.



Then I made a mixture of gesso and water and add splashes. I have used also Mica Powder and acrylic paint for a little more sparkle et voila. I had so much fun!!!!





Mixed Media Place supplies:





A Sea of Stars - Layout



This moodboard just shines with everything I love… the colours, the sentiment, the emotion… I have some picture left over from our holiday a couple of years a go of my son venturing down to the sea. He was so drawn to it. I knew that this photo would be perfect to reflect everything I love in life and everything I love in this board.



Beautiful Word Stickers and Elements from 7 Dots Studio, these are just the perfect accompaniment for artwork, offering contrast, style and dimension when propped up on a piece of chipboard.



Fun colours from Lindys, Art Alchemy and Izink, blend with water in places or add splatters. Of course, the layout wouldn’t be complete without some embellishments from Finnabairs new line!!


I have included a video of my creative process :)


Mixed Media Place supplies:










I have a video today!:




Mixed Media Place supplies:




My take on the moodboard is a layout created with the new 7 Dots collection papers - Fortune-teller - which i loved!! I used several embossed powders for the background among with heavy gesso over stencils, mists, powders, stamps and a lot of glitter.



I was inspired by the rusted colors of the flower in the moodboard which i also used, glitter, the general color pallete and the quote giving a willing message of believing in our dreams and manage to make them true! The female element is also strong again in my layout .





Mixed Media Place supplies:






Hello!  I made a wall decoration. As a base I have used packaging from gypsum decorations. I have created on it a different texture, covered with black gesso and a little bit toned.









Mixed Media Place supplies:





Our fantastic May moodboard inspired me to create fresh LO about myself.
For the background I used watercolor paper and made colour splashes with different sprays and alcohol  ink

All decorative elements painted with the same colors of sprays by LSG




 Chipboard covered by black glaze


Mixed Media Place supplies:


* * *


Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until June 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of June.

Have a great day!





23 comments:

  1. What a mood board!!! IMG...what inspirational works!!! Love that team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a mood board!!! IMG...what inspirational works!!! Love that team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This moodboard is amazing! I am totally in love with it! About the work from the DT: You blow me away with your talent. These projects and pages are breathtaking! I am so impressed with the high standard in this DT. Well done!Hugs from the Netherlands! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a magnificent moodboard!! Amazing works of the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love sll comments and this dt it's a dream for me good job girl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic inspiration by the Design Team! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZA AMAZING talent here! Love the moodboard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone! Had so much fun with this moodboard! The colors made my heart sing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Fab samples everyone!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color that you choose for your mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours for the mood board are so unusual but work together perfectly. I love that shade of blue. Beautiful DT work from you all x

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi to many projects i sit limited to

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course it's hard to compete with the amazing creations from the design team, but I gave the moodboard a try anyway. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course it's hard to compete with the amazing creations from the design team, but I gave the moodboard a try anyway. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved the mood board! Thanks for inspiration!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous mood board and thanks to the DT. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for the inspiration!!! Love that moodboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, new to this challenge, but the DT creations are so superb. love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.